Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Taking it Nice and Slow

So we have been in the new house for a little over a week now. Slowly but surely it's coming together. However, this time is much different than our moves in the past. I've always been quick to take things out of the box, hang it up/lay it out/put it up, and live with it. This time I want to be more intentional with what I do. I can honestly say it's due to reading all your lovely blogs that inspires me to try harder to make the house feel 'right'. My husband asked me the other day if that meant I was going to go slower.

Unfortunately, yes it does!

I am NOT patient when it comes to this sort of stuff (or much else for that matter). I see the blogs and Pinterest images and get inspired and want to do it NOW. I don't deal well with incomplete spaces. And I think I have decided why.

I care too much about what other people think. Sadly, it's true. Doesn't everyone want their house to show like a magazine (or be featured in a magazine?!). I have a habitual need to explain to my guests that "this won't stay like this" or "I'm planning on doing this" or "Eventually..."

Maybe this is a fine little test from God to allow me to learn to be content in the "in-between" stage - between the boxes and the final product. But for now I'll give you a tour of my FAR FROM FINISHED & very naked living room (and welcome any and all suggestions you may have for my "eventually" list). I have added more decor to some areas here & there but let's be honest... I'm too lazy to take and upload more pictures...and that gives me something else to blog about later.

This photo is taken from behind the couch in the corner of the room.

This is my number one priority area...
1. keep or sell the sectional
2. if keep then I plan to put a sofa table behind the right side with lamps and decor to fill some of the space. then I'll have the whole left side to tackle with some large non-artwork
3. PILLOWS!!! Must first decide on color scheme keeping in mind what my kitchen cabinets are

I want to paint the secretary some color... again WHAT?! :)

Another view





1 comment:

  1. Your standard pieces are in a good positions. I say keep the sectional better for cuddling during television time.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails