Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Bow Organizer {Take Two}

I am FINALLY happy with the bow organizer for my sweet girls. I blogged about the first one I made last fall. It served it's purpose, but wasn't ever what I had intended it to look like.

I took the old one apart and was left with the original frame.

I spray painted it using my handy adapter so my pointer finger doesn't revolt on me. You can get these for a couple bucks at Walmart or other hardware stores. I don't spray paint without one of these anymore!

I bought this chicken wire from Home Depot. It was under $7 for a 10' long roll. I stretched the wire across the backside of my frame and cut it to size using my floral wire cutters. Using a staple gun I then attached it to the backside of the frame.


Then it was off to pick the spot.



And gather the bows!


The "roughing" up was unintentional, but the frame was in pretty bad shape and the spray paint was the cheapo kind we already had on hand. Once I sanded down the edges it made the other imperfections look intentional... just the way I like it. Like Peewee Herman said "I meant to do that"!
No, if only ALL the bows for the girls actually fit on here. I guess I'll need another one. How do you organize and store your bows? I'd love to know!! Please, share with us in the comments section.



1 comment:

  1. fOR MY GRANDDAUGHTERS, I MADE ONE WITH CANVAS BY STAPLING STRIPS OF RIBBON ON THE CANVAS AND CLIPPING THE BOWS ON THE RIBBON. 2ND ONES WERE ON A FLAT-BACK MANNEQUIN THAT I DRESSED IN A TUTU SKIRT, TUBE TOP, AND BELT, THEN ATTACHED RIBBON DOWN THE SKIRT TO CLIP BOWS. THEY ARE ADORABLE AND FILLED!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails