Thursday, September 22, 2011

Pumpkin specimen art

Let the Fall decorating begin!
Pay no attention that it's still 95 degrees outside. I'm done with summer.
So I'm bringing out my boots & making new Fall decor!

This project was love at first sight. I copied it almost exactly from here.
It's super easy to make.
And you probably have most of the materials already on hand.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Grab a cute picture frame
scrapbook paper
scrabble letters (or you can just do more pumpkins)
& burlap (or any neutral background)
I suggest using a silhouette machine to make the pumpkins. Or in my case, befriend someone who has a silhouette machine! :) :) Thanks again Lindsay!
I used furniture felt pads under each pumpkin to raise it off of the burlap.
It gives it just a bit more interest.
And then used Scrabble letters at the bottom.
As a side note, what a great use for Scrabble! Ever since I learned of Bananagrams, poor Scrabble doesn't get played anymore. And now that I've officially ruined the game, I guess I'll have to think up more Scrabble projects!
I lined up the pumpkins & PUMPKINS before hot gluing everything to the burlap. The whole project cost me $4 (for the burlap).
Woo Hoo! One more reason to be excited about Fall!

Very Merry Vintage Style Blog Button

A Glimpse Inside

6 comments:

  1. Love this! Thanks for linking! I'll be showing this off on BCD tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!! It's so simple but has so much color! What an adorable fall display!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is nice to see fall popping up. I love summer but like you its time for change....if only we could skip the winter and go to spring it would be wonderful. Such a darlin project.
    Happy Fall
    Hugs,
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea.. could be used for any holiday/occasion! Thanks for linking up to Share the Love Wednesday-
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Alicia
    Alicia~ I got the burlap from Hobby Lobby :)

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails