Friday, October 14, 2011

I'm BAAACK!!

Well, thanks to Tiffany this blog hasn't been completely neglected! My family has had a whirlwind of a few weeks so while I've had good intentions for blogging but it's just not made the cut.

I've had this wall staring at me since we moved in to our house in June. It's a bathroom... so I feel like I'm pretty limited on what can go up on the walls here. It's also above the tub which gets used rarely and I didn't want the typical towel bar to fill the space. {I don't have a photo of it completely blank. :( That would have been good of me... but do me a favor and imagine it without the basket!}


So, when I came across this photo on Pinterest I knew what I was going to do! {Now you can see where I got the idea for the basket in the previous photo}

So, I took this blank wall.



Built another cafe shelf {see the tutorial here}. I painted it the same color as my cabinets and then got my brain working on what would go up top...



I added a metal and wood piece I picked up from Round Top/Warrenton. Then I searched the frames I had sitting in my guest room for some to create an arrangement on top of the shelf. {Ignore the change in lighting... I have put off taking photos for 3 weeks now so it was 8:30 pm or never!!}


I took some of our family pictures and edited them to be in a sepia tone and had them printed at Walmart to fill the frames.

All this stuff was bought at Hobby Lobby at half off. I used the inspiration photo as a starting point for what I wanted it to look like.




I would still like to eventually replace the blinds to the rattan shades to bring a little warmth to the room but for now I'll live with the white blinds. I will have to figure out way to convince my hubby that replacing perfectly good, functioning blinds is worth it. Ha!




So, there it is... pretty much the ONLY thing I have had time to work on in several weeks. But, I'm happy with how it turned out and glad to have yet another wall checked off the "to do" list.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails