Monday, January 14, 2013

Living room progress. Long time coming.

Happy Monday, everyone!

My living room is slowly taking shape and becoming all I dreamed it to be back when it looked like this.



Whew... I hadn't looked at these photos in a LONG time.  Yes, this is how the house looked when we moved in! That's what you get when you buy a foreclosure, folks!

So, then we lived with furniture that didn't work well for the room for over a year. 

We had a love/hate relationship with our sectional.  LOVED the feel and comfort and the fact that the hubby and I could BOTH stretch out and lay down on it.  HATED the worn down torn up backside and the awkward layout it created for the room.  Okay, let's be real - that was only something I hated.  Hubby couldn't have cared less. :)

Then we had the wall issues... the couch wasn't a true "L" shape so it didn't fit into the corner which left an awkward space in the back.  I pulled the couch off the walls to bring it into the middle of the room.  I could never figure out just want to do with the blank walls.  I can't find pictures of the room with my shutters on the wall (which I hung up to break up the blankness).
   So I told you about our couch hunt & my score on Craigslist.


I thought I'd give you a peek at what the room is looking like now so you can see there truly has been some progress made! YAY!
 Oh and just so you also know what I deal with when I try and take photos....
Never a dull moment... our sweet Hallie.
Oh and the table she's standing on is our new coffee table we built! I'll tell you more about that in a later post. 

What about y'all? Any of you living with a room that is a work in progress? After a year and a half ours is finally coming together!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails